My hope is that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. I enjoyed the day with my family and some of my extended family. During my holiday downtime, I was able to get some organizing done. One of my favorite things to organize is my napkins and placemat collections. I keep them organized neatly together in a cabinet, one set on top of another. I use baskets to store the napkin rings and the napkins separately. Having 0ptions makes setting the table so much fun and beautiful. A collection like this can be achieved at any price level. Stores that I have purchased from include Walmart, Target, Dillard’s, Macy’s, Pier 1, and Horchow.
- To extend your collection mix and match with complimentary colors and patterns.
- Stock a few variety of shapes and colors of chargers.
- To care for your collection:
- Wash soiled items immediately in cold water, gentle cycle, and warm dryer.
- If you cannot wash right away, I spray a stain remover, like Shout, on the stain and then wash later, when feasible.
- Do not leave them in the dryer for long and be sure to iron them quickly. You may experience slight shrinkage.
Use these at any meal, formal , informal, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If you have collection or have decided to start one, it is a great way to add a touch of “marvelousness” to your meals at home.